ljubljana hijinks


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
October 14th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

arrived late fri night after a 9hr+ train... exhausting, and particularly shit when i realised that i had lost my diary AGAIN and couldn't busy myself by writing during the trip.
got to the hostel, luckily snapped up the last bed. met some of the gang - louise, mike, and emily and the american girls. the 2 forementioned girls and i then kicked for a couple of quiet ones at a small riverside latin themed bar & the guiness bar.
in making up for lost sleep i didn't get up so early. and as a result the 3 beds available 12 hours earlier were now all gone & i needed to find a new joint. but in doing so it was a step up - new hostel had a better common area, better bathroom (didn't have to go thru the other mixed dorm to shower), and even a euro cheaper. hit to the streets with louise. Ljubljana old town isn't the biggest area so we probably lapped it every way possible a few times over. pizza, beer, pizza, icecream. then it was off to the deli to buy more beer for the night. little did i know it would be such a big night.
met aussie couple jez & simone in my new hostel, had drinks with them and made plans to meet with them & louise after the england/france WC semi. wasn't really that interested in being in the bar to watch the match, and considering the result, really glad i wasn't there.
on to the skeleton bar for double priced 2-4-1 cocktails. busy but cosy little underground bar, nice and lively and got into a booth near some lively locals so it was a good place to swing by. got the goss on the club to hit. guys had to fork out a fiver each, girls gratis. hit the downstairs bar for rounds of vodka bulls, watched a dude dance with his drink on his head, talked drunked english & spanish with a bunch of locals, walked way out of my way for a late, late kebab, and made it back to the hostel well after 6am.
plenty of pics will be up... simone couldn't keep the camera away :P
got going late the next day but in the end it didn't matter. visited the castle, got kicked out of one section that was open but did look suspiciously quiet & out of bounds, toured around the old town again & decided to also cover most of the shopping district, despite all shops being closed on sundays. more icecream. a local dance school put on a street show - reasonably good breakdancing, ok group dancing, terrible singing. back to the hostel by about 5pm so could hardly complain the day was a waste since i don't think i missed out on anything else that could have possibly been on offer on a sunday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb