bled-dy good day out


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
October 15th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

walked up to bus station, seems 90% of people walking the streets that time of day are generally fit slovenia girls. niiice. made the early bus trip with jez & simone. tried to sleep... no chance against a bus window. not the 1st time i've tried that so i should have known better.
got in, found the hostel i wanted but it was without a reception until 4pm.
rejoined the couple, ate some hot, hearty goulash soup, hired bikes & rode around beautiful lake bled. weather was perfect, especially great considering the foggy early morning skies. took a row boat to the island where i was treated to a new dance i call the japanese shuffle. visited the castle as things started getting colder, but refused to pay 6 euros for a quick gander so just walked around the dodgy trails that still gave some sweet views.
got into the hostel... i'm 1 of only 5 staying the night. but got to meet the rest of the gang & all seem cool and will also be around tomorrow night so maybe a home cooked meal is on the cards. but hard to pass up on grilled calamari for 6 euros around the corner. speaking of that restaurant, that's where my time with the couple ended after devouring a mountain of 'mixed grill' meat. still stuffed. also forgot to mention the local specialty dessert (which i ate within an hour of dinner) - a custard & cream cake that can't be good for you, but is plain great.
really such a beautiful town. really not much to it, but i'll hang for 2 nights & enjoy things london won't be able to come close to providing (scenery, cheap good eats/drinks, a gorge, hiking trails). and i could really use a good night's sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb