LoobiYANA


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
September 8th 2005
Published: September 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Loco boysThe Loco boysThe Loco boys

After we had just finished canyoning.
Hello hello
I am presently in Slovenia at the moment, in the capital city of Ljubljana. What a gem of a city, it has no big attractions but the atmosphere is the best that i have experienced yet. It's a city that has a large italian and german influence. We are only 100 miles from italy at the moment. We got here two days ago and before that we spent 4 nights in lake Bled up in the Alps. We met some very funny welshmen there who were obsessed with eating horse, its a slovenian delicacy. Spent most of our time doing as little as possible in the sun by the lake. Went canyoning which was awesome. You put a wetsuit and helmet on and go jumping, absailing and ziplining down this canyon. Got a bit banged up but not too badly. Went to a local slovenian music night, these guys are hilarious. It was great to see 60 and 70 year old people dancing around at midnight whilst being 10 beers deep. Everybody here is in shock about what has happened in the South, terrible.
I have come to realise that there are a lot more hills in this world
Lovely LjubljanaLovely LjubljanaLovely Ljubljana

A typical scene in this beautiful city.
when you do not have a car. It always seems like we are walking up hills. You should be able to bounce quarters off my ass when i get back though.My body is feeling good, a bit tired at times.
European cats are a lot more friendly than european dogs. These dogs just are not interested in getting a pat. Oh how i miss my dogs. Yesterday we went all around town and then to this massive park where we sat and watched some local slovinians play boche ball. It was incredible how good these guys were. They took it so seriously as well. This one old man kept shouting at the others and telling then were to throw the balls.
We actually spent the night last night in a jail cell. Aparently bars are not self service here in slovenia. No, we are staying in this converted jail that is now a hostel/art gallery. It has this funky, hippie place next to it, which is a free living area. Pretty crazy people there, but they have some great bars. Lots of heroin and crack going around.
Last night we went out with some Irish people we had met in
Lake BohinjhLake BohinjhLake Bohinjh

Laying by the lake on a sunny afternoon. The Julian alps and surrounding area is truly breath taking.
the hostel. I first grabbed a horse burger, sorry mom. Rather strange texture, a bit chewy. Then the two of us has some red wine and went to the local irish pub and watched ireland lose to france. Pitty, but N Ireland beat England so that is grand. We then went to this club looking over the whole city, really fun. A lot of people wearing Wu Wear, USA football jerseys. Another thing that has struck me here is that everyone speaks english, we have only met one women who said she didn't, and when she told us she said 'sorry i don't speak english' ja sure. But these europeans speak at least 3 often 4 or 5 differnent languages, incredible. And all i can say in spanish is un cerveza por favore.
Well we are heading to Croatia today or tomorrow to the sea side. Rough life.
adios muchachas


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bloody english and welshBloody english and welsh
Bloody english and welsh

The people we wasted most of our time with in Lake Bled.


9th September 2005

Looks beautiful Lloyd..
10th September 2005

You sound happy. That makes me happy. I still love and miss you though. Keep reading those books!
10th September 2005

Re Bled
Good looking welshmen there in that photo. I've heard that they breed em handsome in that part of the world. Eagle feet or one wing?
11th September 2005

wow
Hey "LPW", nice thing here, and a stunning report on slovenian hospitality. I loved the cat thing, keep on writing. Put up pics, looks cool as well. Alors, stay healthy, bon voyage and I ll be watching you... All the best from Düsseldorf Manuel
12th September 2005

Lucky Larry
How goes it? Sounds like am amazing adventure, very jealous of you. I'm living in NY now working on finding a job, yes, it sux. Don't forget to make it down into Italy for a spell - not that I thought you would. Have a blast, John.
13th September 2005

red like me!!
Haha...interesting stuff lloyd and for the first time you're close to my redness from alcohol!! or maybe something else...haha...but its quite unbelievable...glad to hear your adventurous occurances, take care my darling!--R

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb