Alpine lakes & cats


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bohinj
June 12th 2019
Published: June 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bled and Bohinj


We got up to get the first cable car down just after 8:30am, first stop was the store to pick up food then headed west to the Julian Alps. Our planned first stop was the Goreljek Bog nature trail but unfortunately we encountered a road closure that meant a long detour that took us past Lake Bled and along the main road. This took us past the Vodnik Viewpoint so we stopped there for lunch first. There was a lovely view down the valley to Lake Bohinj & a beautiful cat that followed us up there!

From here we headed over to Goreljek Bog, it took a little while to find where the nature trail started but then it was a lovely short walk around the peat bog, although Chavaunne was unimpressed & there were rather a lot of saplings growing in the bog... The drives to both points were lovely though, little villages and meadows full of wildflowers.

We then tried to head over to see the Mostnica Gorge but both roads heading there were closed! So after a fair bit of driving back & forth we gave up & went to check into our next apartment at the far end of Lake Bohinj. We got there just after 3pm (check-in from 3pm) & good job too as the guy had just given our booked place to another group! He managed to get to them before they'd settled in & we got ourselves settled instead. After the rather long "10min" whilst the guy had our passports we then headed out to visit the nearby Savica Slap (waterfall). Pretty but lots of steps! We made friends with a local beetle though... Honestly, when we tried to get it to fly away it kept coming back!

We then had pizzas before a quick swim in the lake (a tick on Vicky's bucket list) & had a visit from another pretty cat that was mewing outside our apartment. In came in briefly for strokes then headed back out to investigate some yowling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Beetle friend!Beetle friend!
Beetle friend!

By Savica Slap


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb