Over the mountains!


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Inner Carniola
June 13th 2019
Published: June 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Driving the Vršič Pass


Our first stop of the day was the Vintgar Gorge, & to set the theme for the day we took the scenic route to get there. The gorge is beautiful with a path & boardwalks along & over the river down to Slap Šum(waterfall). There were a few too many people for it to be brilliant there, but we managed to weave around most of them!

Vicky then drove us up the Vršič Pass through the Triglav National Park - possibly the most beautiful roads in Slovenia. We parked at the top & headed for a walk up Slemenova Špica. The first part of the walk was hard going - steep, stony & no shade. Once we reached the saddle of Vratca we saw snow! Plus a pair of alpine choughs flying around us. We continued to the summit of Slemenova Špica going carefully over the frozen snow & occasionally sinking to our knees in the deeper patches! This second part of the walk was lovely with only a short steep uphill through a grass meadow and past a slope of wild crocus.

Back to the car & I drove us down the other side of the mountain, past Bovec & along the Soča river to our next stop - TOP rafting - where we had a room on site booked for a couple of nights. The nice Marko showed us to our room & we had mushroom risotto on the terrace. After supper we went for a walk to the Boka waterfall, which our room was named after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Soča river in the eveningSoča river in the evening
Soča river in the evening

(Photo from Chavaunne's phone)
Boka waterfallBoka waterfall
Boka waterfall

(Photo from Chavaunne's phone)


Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb