Peace revolution


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania
January 20th 2015
Published: January 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

All right, I'm not trying to provoke all even show any toughness, but definitely I feel we are - as humankind - struggling deep down with our muddy opinions which does not help us in our evolution. Muddy and gloomy and not in any way free. We do have our very strong and strict ideas which developed under different circumstances.

When you about to become a teacher there are few targets you should achieve to be able to prove you do understand what it is all about. And what is it really all about? Pedagogy? Teaching? Educating? In what sense? Do I have enough knowledge to take the responsability? Is there an absolute truth and a totally perfect wisdom which could be shared? Not really. But we should try and find in ourself the term, "Sustained Shared Thinking". While we try to work on the 3 years old children's awarness about how to work in partnership with each other in different activities, I do not see always that the grown-ups are aware of heir own attitudes towards others. So what I don't always see, the ability in us to be the role model of these children. We do pretend a lot, we do say out loud our feelings and opinios, we do feel proud of our thoughts and comments sometimes. Recently the world is full of shared agressive thoughts. Maybe recently people rethink their existence and their culture...maybe they just rethink other peoples cultures and values. Maybe big revolution is going to happen soon, but I am hoping the end will be more Peaceful that how it all began... And even though there will be no end, I am hoping that those times are coming when we can tell we again Learnt the lession. We will forget it again as a generation (collective memory loss) and the new ones - these children around us - will learn it again. Not from us, but because of us. It is good to be free and say what you want. It is good to be free and not accept what other people felt they had to share. It is good to reflect, and find solution, ways to express frustration towards each-other (gently?) and try to teach each-other acceptance, but as we don't let children provoke their mates and encourage them to be kind and fair minded, we should do it as well.
New friendsNew friendsNew friends

First day in their Orphanage...

In Transilvania, many of the children on these photoes lost their father. What they told me about it was, that their Father is in Spain, and will come back soon. And not sure if they believed in it, but it was a very popular scenario. The "truth" is, that this part of Transilvania, called Petroșani, which located in the Jiu Valley, used to be full with coal mines. Now, it all just a phantom and a bit like a ghost town. One part called the Vulkan. When we drove out there to ask the parents if they would let their children come to our orphanage for a few days, some were more than happy. We cleaned them, gave them clothes and food. Children aged between 4 - 14 just jumped happily in the van and they were all excited to be able to wash themself, eat relative nice food and sleep in their own bed. The first few hours was quite shocking, like gathering a bunch of people from a jungle and try to calm them down and quickly teach them some basic socal skills, like sitting and waiting. The children all got their hats and after their head were covered with petrol, the lady left and told me "ok just make sure they have the hats o for few hours, than the lices will cme out and it's all fine". Than she left. I was alone with all these creatures, who were jumpng around me and tried to shake their hats on me just for fun. Later on the other volunteer took the boys, and i was left with all the girls, for a month. Of course, the director also lived in the building with her 3 children. She was there, when realy needed. The girls were telling me amazing stories and it become a very interesting environment.

Few years after I went to the cinema in Budapest. I saw the movie which shook me. I recognised my girls. They played their own roles in the fascinating and sadly very true story, Iska's journey. http://www.lowbudgetfilmforum.eu/?p=417

Good luck Iszka!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Not orphansNot orphans
Not orphans

but orphans really. They have family and they have connections, but the orphanage gives them choises...if they want to, they can stay, study, eat, sleep in beds.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb