Roadtrip through the mountains


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Harghita
August 1st 2014
Published: August 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A very nice roadtrip through the mountains.

On Friday afternoon we left Bucharest and headed towards Predeal via DN1. The trip was quite bad because it was very crowded after Comarnic, especially through Sinaia.

On Saturday I went on one of the nicest drives yet: from Predeal to Brasov, via Rasnov and Poiana Brasov (where the view was beautiful), then North through the mountains up to Gheorgheni, West towards Praid and then back South, passing through Zarnesti and Rasnov. The villages there look very nice and there are quite a few fortified evangelical churches (in pretty much every large village). Also, the route from Gheorgheni to Praid is very nice (both the view and the drive).

On Sunday we headed to Intorsura Buzaului and had a car crash in Prejmer... It was not too bad, but it scared the hell out of me and it took a few hours before we could get back on the road... Fortunately, there was no serious damage and we then headed back to Bucharest via Buzau and Urziceni. The road from Buzau to Bucharest via Urziceni is absolutely horrifying because the traffic is crazy, no one obeys any rules and you feel you are in constant danger somehow...

Even taking all the unpredicted events into account, it was a very nice weekend spent in a very nice part of the country.

Total distance: 914 km.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb