Romania Day 3


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Brasov » Brasov
April 8th 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sleeper Train to BudapestSleeper Train to BudapestSleeper Train to Budapest

Sleeper train top bunk to budapest
Last day in Brasov.

Had a bit of a lie in since our train didn't leave until 9:30pm and we didn't have to check out till midday. So we walked to the train station to get out sleeper train tickets. It was 270 Lei each for a 3 person sleeper carriage to Budapest. So about £50 each.

Then we just wandered around Brasov. We went to the mall near the train station, which was pretty boring I must say, though there was a supermarket in the basement.

We walked into the main pedistrian area to go to the black church and there was a food market there. We ended up going to a restaurant for lunch which served pizza and were showing Steve Irwin on TV which was a bit strange. It was more expensive though and the food quality was no where near as good as what we had eaten at the night before.

The centre is quite small but cute, so we went into the black church which had a lot of old tapestries in it. I have to say I wasn't very interested about the inside, there were a few tours in other languages.
vampirevampirevampire

vampire's teeth
It wasn't expensive though. We walked along the old city wall and climbed some very steep steps to look at the white tower but didn't go inside. Both of us were quite tired and it was surprisingly warm weather. So we headed back towards the hostel (with me buying some cheap £6 shoes along the way).

We just chilled and I was so happy because we found the downstairs lounge and just watched cartoons - Kung FU panda and then Ice Age to kill the time till our train. We also had chinese for dinner from the Panda express place which was alright, not the greatest food but it would do.

We got a taxi for 15 Lei to the train station and got some snacks from the shops.

When we got onn the train it was pretty much empty and they wanted us to stay in the same room as another woman or pay more. So I refused to pay since we had already bought our tickets and they moved us into another room anyways because of our stuff. The conductor took our tickets which made me a bit panicky. Now the three bedroom is still very cramped, you have a little basin which free tooth brush and you can securely lock your door. At around 6am Romanian time border control came on and checked our passports. Then an hour later we had order control again from Hungry. That didn't bother me as much since the guy was pretty cute. Poor Rachel didn't sleep much on the train, but I was pretty comfortable to be honest and slept quite well. Probably wouldn't suit someone over 6ft though as its a bit squishy.

And then we arrived in Budapest at 9am! On to the next day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb