We're Here (Almost)


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Banat » Timis » Timisoara
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our TeamOur TeamOur Team

This is our team, mostly from WA state with one from Texas, and our host. Front Row: Marlies, Uncle Matt, Bogdan, Ruth, Elizabeth Back Row: Liviu, Brian, Chris
As I write this, we are somewhere in Romania but we're not actually sure where. We left our homes Tues. morning around 9:30 a.m. and arrived at our first night's lodging Wed. afternoon around 3:00 which is about 1:30 a.m. local time. Don't ask what day cause right now I'm not sure what day it is. I do know that it is about 8:00 a.m. now and 10:00 p.m. home time. We feel much better now with a little bit of sleep. Our sentences make more sense now and we are not quite so quick to laugh at things that really weren't all that funny.
Our flights were all good. Traveling was very easy thanks to Uncle Matt. Uncle Matt & Brian (his grandson) actually pulled in right behind us at Sea-Tac when we were unloading and we just followed him around from then on. We met up with Chris in Budapest. Chris is from Texas but he is actually Romanian and was adopted. He has been to Romania a couple times before but the last time was when he was 11 yrs. and he's 18 now. We had a little more of a drive than we were expecting (lack of
TravelTravelTravel

This is in the Frankfurt Airport during our layover, we were just a tad tired. We ended up playing a few games of uno and had lots of people look at us strangely. Did you know that you can get a little silly when you are overtired?
communication) but it was good. We are not actually at our final destination yet; we still have about a 4 hr. drive.
Speaking of driving, that, we found, is a big difference from home. As passengers, we tried not to look at the cars coming directly at us as we were passing vehicles or if there wasn't quite enough time (by their standards) to pass the back end of a semi as we squeezed back in behind it. Mopeds seem to be the best way to travel in the towns, they just ride the middle line or if traffic is at a stand-still they just weave in and out amongst the cars. Traffic lanes are painted in but don't seem to really mean much.
We haven't been able to do much sightseeing but we did get to drive thru Budapest as we were waiting for Chris' flight to come in. We saw the Danube River and the architecture of the buildings there was impressive. America is definitely a young country compared to European countries.
We are thankful that we have had safe travel so far and that everything has gone well.
Thank you all for your prayers and keep praying!
A Proud FarmerA Proud FarmerA Proud Farmer

We met this gentleman on the road. He was probably on his way to the fields to do some field work. He had one horse pulling his wagon and we noticed he had a wooden rake in the back.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb