Evangelism Explosion


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Evangelism ExplosionEvangelism ExplosionEvangelism Explosion

This is the church where we are doing the training.
O.K. I know, I know, I said I would do an update daily well, I guess that's not going to work. We did try to update a couple of nights ago. Ruth had it all written out and then we lost our internet connection and everything she had written. We were way too tired to rewrite so here we are today trying again.
A lot has happened since our last entry, we decided it might be best to break up everything we need to say into individual topics so we won't have such a great big long one. We'll try to upload some photos too.
These first few days here, we have been attending Evangelism Explosion Training. This is part of a big campaign that local churches are putting on as a means of reaching out to the community. Everyone gathers together for breakfast in the morning, except us, we eat breakfast at our hotel, then there's a time of praise & worship, followed by sessions where we break up into two different groups. The teens who will be involved with the Vacation Bible School go one way and the adults go another direction. This has been interesting. The girls have not always had a translator so are often confused with what they are supposed to do. We have been fortunate in that the people doing the training are actually from Florida and everyone else needs a translator. We all eat lunch together and then there are two more sessions. I have to admit we have missed some of the afternoon sessions, it's mighty hard to learn much when your head is nodding because of sleep deprivation.
We have enjoyed what we have been able to take in and look forward to next week when we will be doing some service in the city. The girls are probably going to be helping with Vacation Bible School in the morning and providing spa treatments for the local women in the afternoon. Ruth and I, as of yet, do not know where we will be helping out. Some of our options are cleaning areas of the city, helping ladies to sew, or visiting the local state run orphanage.
We'll let you know as time passes how this aspect plays out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb