porto porto porto


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
June 5th 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

mememe

this is kind of obvious. at dinner.
lots of pictures to show tdoay!

we´re in portugal, and there´s two things i want to mention.
1. it´s hot. it´s 9:45 in the morning right now and already it´s really really warm.
yesterday i finally got to go to the beach ....it was nice...and i swam in the ocean...and we went out to dinner last night

we ate right next to the river, it was really pretty, great food too, mom had some fish and in her excitment and hunger forgot the general rule about fish which is...it has bones. lots of little tiny bones. she survived though and my chicken was so tender, it was the first great meal in a while. haven´t had a chance to try port wine yet, i´ll make sure to so that before we leave. portugal is known for it´s consumtion of port, as was my grandfather when he was alive.

oh, we also went on the fanicula which mom was excited about. i didn´t really see the big excitment about it, but you know, a sideways elevator that goes up a hill is pretty exciting to some people.

so today again i´m on the infernal quest for sandals (i
portoportoporto

beautiful city by the water, we ate right there next to the river and watched all the boats pass by.
will find them)...and something for christopher. mom said she almost bought you a cool knife but she didn´t know if you´d like it. it´s some ornate thing in a leather and velvet box or someting...but then i thought (why would he need this) and then i thought boys like knifes, i don´t think it´s so much about the needing as the wanting cool shiny pointy things.

so today we go shopping, and i head back to the beach...but first..pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

churchchurch
church

these churches all have this really awesome blue ceramic tiles all over them..the detail is amazing
ghostghost
ghost

street entertainer in vigo....
hotelhotel
hotel

so i thought these stairs reminded me of the guggenheim in new york....
near hostelnear hostel
near hostel

near the center of the city at night. they´re still working on the place but it´s really pretty in the dark.
peacock!peacock!
peacock!

this was actually in leon....there was this great park with lots of birds, including this guy. of course mom was excited about the birds.


6th June 2006

those stairs are bad ass. thats such a cool shot looking down like that. thats a great picture of you by the way, your hair seems noticeably longer. maybe its just because i havent seen you for a few weeks though. i miss you and love you lots beautiful.

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb