leaving porto


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
June 6th 2006
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so today we´re off to isbon, but before we go i waned to write really quick about yesterday. last night i had port wine, and i have to say it´s the best thing i have ever tried in my life, i had three different kinds, a white, a ruby and a tawny. now the white was delicis, the ruby was fantastic, but the tawny...it tasted like liquid caramel. when i drank it it tasted like i was drinking caramel drizzled over fruit that was prefectly ripe. i don´t know how to explain it better than that.......

it was amazing. i need to have more.
last night we had dinner agian by the river, mom had about 12 lbs of seafood (not really, the portion was just huge) and i had roasted goat...mmmmm..it was wonderful.

i also went to the cathedral today that was so amazing. my favorite part was this tiny little shrine of saint paul in the basemeant, there was a tomb and one window that was shining a single nbeam of light right onto the tombs face. very eeirie and comforting at the same time.

oh...in case anyone needs to know this, figured out that "obrigada" is how you say thank you. if you´re a man you pronounce it oh-bree-ga-do... if you´re a woman you say oh-bree-gah-dah....so as not to be comfused which sex you are.

well, off to lisbon in a few hours, and more pictures when i get the chance.

love to you all

Advertisement



7th June 2006

in Lisbon
I hope you´re having a great time in my city, Lisbon. If I read it before I would tell you some cool places to go, but now it´s not possible. Anyway, have fun here in Lisbon ** Pedro

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb