Jesus da Bom


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Braga
July 3rd 2023
Published: July 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Following the success of yesterday’s plans, we thought a repeat today was a good idea, but with a different lunch destination. First we thought we’d check out this weird thing I’d seen (not on TikTok) called Bom Jesus. I hadn’t bothered to do any reading at all but the pictures looked cool, so off we set.

After a false start at some other stairs leading to heavenly redemption, we found the right place. Despite the pious religious motifs scattered left, right and centre, it was actually pretty spectacular, and we meandered up and down the stairs for some cool photos, in between trans-continental tales of the dog’s escapades around the neighbourhood.

Next stop Braga for some lunch. We had a quick look around the historical centre before hitting the main drag for a restaurant where we inadvertently stumbled across the dregs from the world dance championships…that was a spectacle to behold…and not for the right reasons.

Despite seriously considering the possibility of taking up residence in the car park as it wouldn’t let us out, we finally convinced it otherwise and headed back to our peaceful riverside enclave. The surrounding towns and villages have served to confuse and disorient us, as there is no clear delineation between one and the next, and no signposted names, so we were never entirely sure where we were.

Well until we entered our peaceful sanctuary of wine, pool and reading under the shady grapevines. We enjoyed our last peaceful evening in Portugal and dined on a traditional meal cooked over the coals - satay chicken. Delicious!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb