Farewell my sweet tarts!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » San Mauro Torinese
July 4th 2023
Published: July 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Considering we were in these parts, we thought we’d make the effort to see what all the fuss about Porto was for. So, amidst howls of protest, we packed up early and headed to the airport to leave the car, in a tactic designed to minimise stress and parking angst. Unfortunately the architects of the Porto Airport parking areas had different ideas and we enjoyed several scenic excursions around the airport.

Finally having managed to leave the car, we grabbed a taxi into the city. The next 20 minutes were a blur for me as I frantically tried to contain the mad canine escapee from the other side of the world. When I emerged from that stress, I miraculously found I’d been steered towards a tart shop. What a great way to see out our time in Portugal. So we took a wander along the river and sucked down our final tarts before heading back to the airport.

Luckily the sweetness sustained us through the chaos of check in and the flight. Car collection relatively painless and we were on our way towards our agriturismo outside Turin. A delicious dinner, some tasty wine and we were all very happy to climb into bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb