ten toes in lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
January 13th 2015
Published: January 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
8.15PM and in the television room .. reception area.. music video on ... not too loud ..
Did not end up doing any reading last night as after shower bed was too comfortable as once in bed no point reading as I fall asleep with my glasses on so not a good idea at all.
Breakfast at 8am then headed into town.... think it is about 7 km .... looked around and then found the starting point for the two hour free tour of town that lasted three hours....
Here we meet Louie.... a guy in his late twenty perhaps and spoke four languages and enjoyed talking. ... but had plenty to say that was interesting and not a boring voice at all...so the three hours flew by... told us not to pay the 2.50 euros to go up the famous lift but showed us a good place for photos for free....
He was able to explain some of the statues around the place and why they were there....
One was a famous poet... works printed after his death... he had 132 sudernams.. so a variety of subjects covered in his books. His statue is just down fROM Europes oldest book shop according to the Guinness book of records....
Also gave us a good history of Portugal...... about 25 on the tour , from Canada, Denmark,France , Germany, England, plus other I guess...
He finished with the 24 April 1974 and the peaceful finish to the dictatorship .
So the name he wanted us to remember was that of Salgueiro. Mvia...
After the tour stopped and had some soup.... very tasty indeed...
Then some retail therapy..... yes some clothes looking..... saw a couple ... but it is always nice to look and see what is on offer....saw three churches with a very close distance... one was across the road from the other.... both seemed to be Catholic... one did say Italian Catholic..... so need to investigate further...
Then time to hhad back for 7PM Mass ....
Now blog time then shower time.
Forecast for tomorrow is for rain so may head off to a museum near by .... will see.
Until tomorrow
Love Anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb