ten toes in lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
January 12th 2015
Published: January 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
6.30PM and in the television room also reception area. Here early for a chanGE.
breakfast then off to Mass at 9.30am, about thirty people present....then went to the botanical gardens about 5 minutes walk from the Monastery..... charge was 2 euros but decided to pay and go in.... value for money perhaps not but was good to look around.
Could not get in to any of the buildings as they are been worked on but was good to see and look around.... next to the gardens is the Summer Palace. With two guards outside so guess it is still used.... then found another garden area and no charge and stayed a few hours with reading and nodding... Tina leant me The Hobbitt so have started it at least.
Then continbed on my journey...aroundsome of the back streets of Lisbon...And brought 5 mandarins for one Euro... easy peel ones as well.......passed the university and was showen into the function room with a painting of the chief in charge Plus some amaking art work on tiles and then he showed me into a small chapel also with some amazing tile art..
Then down to the water front for the sunset by the Belem Tower. .. now back at the hostel to do the blog and bring in my washing..
Time now for a shower and perhaps some reading....
Until tomorrow
Love Anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb