ten toes in lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
January 11th 2015
Published: January 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
Think I push myself a bit today.... but am enjoying myself very much.
Up at 8am and tried to get through to Mum but no luck so will keep trying.
Breakfast and then got some washing done....hope it dries.. should do as not so cold today....
Went to the museum opposite the monastery as it was free... and decided to do the modern.... not my thing but did last for over an hour which even surprised me..... some good others well not my cup of tea shall we say. But did stay over an hour...
Then started walking into town and had lunch half way... fish and salad with bread and cheese.... then did a detour as saw a church to my left... good timing as Mass was just finishing .... 1PM ... so was able to look around before it was locked.....he had some big keys too.....Then wander around the streets up hill and about until I found a supermarket and brought some snacks....then down to the main plaza of town...
And discovered a modern art centre that was open . so enjoyed that for a while....done on the lower floor was glasses... in safe boxers that some were open... what a variety of shapes and sizes.. some from the 60s and earlher..
To the visitors centre and they have free two hour tours of the city so may do that during the week... but not tomorrow.. also it only takes about an hour on the bus to Fatima and cost about 12 euros so may go one day .... will see
Then walked for about 20 minutes left of the arch along the water front.... not much to see so headed back to base and got back about 7ish so that was enough walking for the day.... will be doing less tomorrow I hope...
Now for some photos and a shower
Love. Anne



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb