ten toes in lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
January 10th 2015
Published: January 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
9.20PM and at my doorway of my room as internet does not work on my bed.
This morning up early and tried to get through to Mum but no luck, do will try again later.
Breakfast with a Korean lady and had my photo taken with her.
Then off to 9am Mass..... which was at 9.30 so over to the water feature for awhile.
Entrance is via the side entrance so even less walking for me in the mornings.
About 30 people present....with no sermon.
Then it was time to walk into town via the water.. a good walking. Cycling track that is well used so easy to follow as if no walkers plenty of cyclists....but it was a Saturday and fine so may be a different story on Monday perhaps.
Passed a electrical museum, plus two ferry terminals and a metro station.
Then found the main plaza of Lisbon with the magnificent archway and statue of a man on a horse.....
So walked along the main street with all the shops for fashion,,zara h and m , pull and bear Plus many others....tables and chairs along the center of the street, which seemed to be popular...
Had some rolls with cheese and meat on the way so up to the castle next....
A good steady walk up to the top but was not willing to pay 8.50 euros at 3PM. As would like to spend more time up there and not at the weekend with so many people. So wandered around the narrow streets and found the Catholic Church of Cdistorts, which was very impressive... not like the Spanish ones but still very impressed with the work that went on to build it in the first place..
Then further down was the church of Magdalene where a concert was about to start so srayed for that..... three choirs of 20t each sang for over an hour...... some I knew, some I did not but the music was good and enjoyable and nearly a full church. Out about 5.15PM so walked back the route I walked this morning and was able to go to 7PM Mass at the Monastery so that was good .... out about 815PM so yes a sermon... but he had peoples attention so that was good. Havehad tea so bye until tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb