Nighttrain to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Faro
April 24th 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nighttrain to LisbonNighttrain to LisbonNighttrain to Lisbon

first night in the train, still 14 to follow
By the way in the nighttrain two nights ago from Irun to Lisbon I started to read Nighttrain to Lisbon.
2 million copies sold but I dont think many people read it in the nighttrain.
Had a look at Faro today. Nice town to see in one day. Rather good old city still with walls around. Faro have been a tradecenter in ancient times, Greechs and Romans. Captured by the Moors in the 8th century and recaptured by Alphonse the 3rd in the 12th century.

Distroyed by the english who took the library to Oxford and never gave it back like some other items of different countries they still have.
Weather is o.k. approx 25 degrees but heaters are still outside the restaurants probably meaning that it have been still cold recently.
Took a touristic tram this morning. A snail should be proud of the speed and it was a trip without any explanation.
Only half way the female driver said: 10 minutes stop, beautiful church.
Strange idea that I ll see tomorrow last time a coast untill the end of the trip in Singapore.
Tidedifferent here is approx 2 metres what means that ships cannot go out during high tide.
Checked train schedule and will leave tomorrow earlier than planned so I can see something of Lisbon as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb