swimming steak


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Faro
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The beginningThe beginningThe beginning

Start of the trip april 22nd
Just arrived end of the afternoon in Faro. Trip went well. Change over trains were o.k. Only a bit problem at Lisboa Oriente. It s a huge new station. Beautifull , modern and almost without any people of the railway organisation. When you don t speak Portuguese or have not much time to change you are in trouble.
Fortunately I had plenty of time. The signals like INF are hidden very well and when you finally find it they have hidden the info people even better. They are not there. Anyhow I found my train in time.
4 hours trip to Faro on single track. Hotel Alfonso is simple but o.k. and anyhow clean. Untill now Faro looks a bit boring but perhaps I was too hungry to have a good look.
Found with help of a hotelgirl a good restaurant. Rather good occupied and only a very few tourists.
Unbelievable how they are able to make the cows cheaper than in the Netherlands but also that if you order Portuguese steak they are able to let the steak swim in the oil. Very good. Fortunately it s olive oil so good for the cholesterol and I see it as medicin.
King AlfonsoKing AlfonsoKing Alfonso

Faro Portugal

Found again with some help of the hotel an internet cafe. There are not many here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

entrance old cityentrance old city
entrance old city

Faro Portugal


Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb