Day 01: Hello Warsaw (Jun 2018)


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
June 9th 2018
Published: December 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 9th June 2018

Spanning a total of 8 nights on our maiden Poland and Berlin trip, this was a rather ambitious itinerary we had assembled to take in the best of the World War II sites for our week-long experience.....

Our red-eyed flight from Singapore landed at Warsaw Chopin International Airport on Saturday morning. This is a direct service offered by Polish Airlines as it made its debut in May 2018. At the airport, we purchased a very useful weekend transport ticket that would last us through 8 am on Monday. From there, we boarded a train service to Warsaw Central Station where our hotel was located.

Warsaw's skyline is dominated by the Soviet-Style, Palace of Culture & Science standing proudly in front of the station square. After breakfast at McDonalds, we headed to our hotel at Novotel which was about 10 minutes away.

Since it wasn't time for check-in, we left our luggage at the reception and started our sight-seeing plans to the Remains of the Ghetto Wall before stopping at the Warsaw Rising Museum. We headed back to our hotel in the late afternoon and thanks to the completely lack of rest the night before, I could hardly recall what we had for dinner that evening (or did we had one at all?)

All that we required was a good rest at Novotel as we snoozed the evening away before embarking on our travels in the coming days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb