Kasprowy Wierch..


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Zakopane
August 9th 2016
Published: August 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Kasprowy WierchKasprowy WierchKasprowy Wierch

The summit, where the cable car took us
The morning dawned bright and clear and by 7am we were stood in the queue waiting for the cable car to take us to the summit of Kasprowy Wierch.

By 7.45am we were at the summit drinking in the amazing views. Half an hour later the whole group had made it to the top and we were ready to start the long walk down.

Although the aim was to go down the mountain there was also a lot of paths going up that we had to encounter, some trickier than others!

At one point there was an opportunity to take a detour and take in another peak, Giewont. The path was known to be very steep with chains at the very top to help your ascent. However as we got closer we could see a long line of people snaking up the path and they didn't seem to moving very fast. After a quick discussion we all agreed to give it miss and just carry on down.

Tom, one of the wedding guests, had walked in these mountains a lot and knew the best paths, he acted as guide and took us on the paths with the most spectacular views of the surrounding mountains.
To everyone's delight the path came across a small hut selling hot food and cold beer which we all lapped up with delight taking in the views of the peaks that were now high above us.

Refreshed, we set off walking again and an hour later arrived at a mini bus stop. We all piled on the bus and were soon back in town.
There's going to be a lot of sore legs tomorrow, we had been walking for a total of eight hours!

The weather had been beautiful all day but just metres from the door of our guesthouse huge rain drops began to fall and within minutes it was pouring! Thank goodness we were not still on the mountain!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

We'd planned to go to the Summit of GiermontWe'd planned to go to the Summit of Giermont
We'd planned to go to the Summit of Giermont

After watching the queue to go up and realising it wasn't moving we changed our mind


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb