Mountains and Waterfalls


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Zakopane
August 8th 2016
Published: August 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Next morning we woke up to rain! We were due to get the bus to Zakopane so set about finding somewhere for breakfast then the bus station.
Chaos! Long queues everywhere and very difficult timetables to follow. After standing in a long queue for ages and not moving we were advised to just go and try to get on the bus and pay the driver.
We did this and thankfully were on our way soon after midday.
The rain continued all day making the bus journey twice as long due to crawling traffic.
We arrived at our accommodation in Zakopane like drowned rats! Thankfully it stopped in time for us to go into town for an evening meal.
Next day dawned bright and clear and we headed for the mountains.
We spent the rest of that day and the next day exploring the mountain paths close to home and on the Monday late afternoon Gary and Milena joined us.
The rest of the wedding party had arrived too and we all planned to meet up on the hillside overlooking Zakopane with views of the high mountains beyond. We took the funicular up and met them all in an outside bar. It was a glorious sunny evening and everyone was in high spirits.
From here we all made our way back down tge hillside and met up again at the accommodation where Kat and Nathan were staying and enjoyed a BBQ together in a wooden hut with a chimney. It was very cosy inside which was welcoming as by now the temperature was dropping. We were, after all, up in the mountains now.
Plans were made to all meet up at the cable car next day to ascend to the peak of one of the highest mountains around - Kasprowy Wierch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb