Pictures from Auschwitz


Advertisement
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Auschwitz
March 6th 2015
Published: March 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Here are the pictures that I took on my visit to Auschwitz. While there, it was a struggle to try and judge what is and what isn't photo appropriate. There are places where pictures are forbidden and any decent human being would respect that wish. These pictures cannot even begin to do justice to what actually happened there and the emotions a person will feel walking those hallowed grounds.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Correspondance showing how much money was taken from the prisoners.


A pile of eye glasses taken from the Jews.


Jewish prayer shaws. The Jewish people were told they were being relocated and to take what they would need to live. Many brought valuable possessions, to only have them taken by the Nazis once they arrived at the camp.


All sorts of brushes and combs.



What some of the first prisoners slept on, a layer of straw, when they arrived at the camp.


This hall contains the pictures of some of the prisoners that died at Auschwitz. The Nazis kept extensive documentation and this was shown as each prisoner's date of birth, date of death, and cause of death. If they were murdered, the Nazis used cardiac arrest for the cause of death.


A washroom. This is exactly how it would have looked some 70 years ago. Nothing has changed.



This room was for German criminals who were brought in to be enforcers and punishers.


This was a typical room for the Jewish prisoners in Auschwitz I. The conditions in Auschwitz I were much better than those in Auschwitz II-Birkenau.



This is the firing wall were estimates range from 10,000-25,000 prisoners were shot one by one in the back of the head.




Block 11 housed the torture chambers in the basement for the camp. No pictures are allowed downstairs as to respect the many people that suffered unimaginable things and those that did not survive.


A changing room for the prisoners before they were taken out and shot.



These windows are boarded as to help and muffle the sound of gunshots that went on right outside in the courtyard. The courtyard is where the firing wall was. Also on the top floor, doctors carried out experimental sterilization on women. Many would not survive and not onw would be able to have children in the future.





Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb