Pictures from Auschwitz


Advertisement
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Auschwitz
March 6th 2015
Published: March 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Here are the pictures that I took on my visit to Auschwitz. While there, it was a struggle to try and judge what is and what isn't photo appropriate. There are places where pictures are forbidden and any decent human being would respect that wish. These pictures cannot even begin to do justice to what actually happened there and the emotions a person will feel walking those hallowed grounds.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



The gas chamber and crematorium in Auschwitz I. The Nazis experimented how to kill the most efficiently and gassed some 70,000 people here. No pictures allowed on the inside for obvious reasons. Standing in the gas chamber was......



The famous entrance gate into Auschwitz II-Birkenau.







The rail lines that brought so many people to their deaths.


The sorting platform where many Jewish families were forever split apart.


The size of Auschwitz II-Birkenau is shocking. All the little chimneys in the background used to be barracks, but were torn down when the Red Army liberated the camp and needed the lumber for their own war effort.


Looking back at the main gate.
Cattle CarCattle Car
Cattle Car

This cattle car is what most of the prisoners were brought to Auschwitz in. This little car would hold around 80 people and they were given two buckets for their journey. One with water and the other empty so they could use the bathroom.


Looking towards the gas chambers on the sorting platform.



The memorial that has been erected at Auschwitz II-Birkenau.



"For ever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about one and a half million men, women, and children, mainly Jews from various countries of Europe."


This is repeated in every language that a prisoner from the camp spoke.




Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb