Cruisin´ and Lovin´ Life


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
July 30th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after 3 or 4 days in Amsterdam, plus an evening in Rotterdam (went to the famous Kinderdyjk windmills near there; there are 19 all in a clustered area, and a world heritage site), Cheryl and I boarded the MS Rotterdam (in Rotterdam, ha ha!) on Monday. Yesterday was a sea day; first stop was today and we are currently in Oslo--sorta plain city but saw a famous statue park devoted to a late Oslo artist named Vigeland... he only sculpted people and all of them are naked. My favorite was the fetus statue, it was upside-down and curled up and very teeny compared to the others! Cruise life has been awesome--it truly is the "vacation from my vacation" that "the friends back home" pegged it. Finally eating like I am on vacation and enjoying some good old fashioned relaxation--plus got a badly needed massage after all that backpacking! Next port of call will be tomorrow in Arhus, Denmark, then on Friday a train ride from the port town of Warnemunde, Germany to Berlin. After that another sea day, I think? Kinda hard to believe that after the cruise (two weeks), there will only be one week left, in Spain. Love you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb