Back home in Oslo


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
November 22nd 2006
Published: December 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Saturday upon arrival we saw Alt for Rognan, a musical made popular by a "the making of" TV series of a bunch of lads from Nina's "Salt valley" from where we just came south from!!! Afterwards we met with other northerners (& Jarle) at the Scotsman; a typical stop for Tronder and Nordlendinger visiting Oslo.

Sunday we first took a 3 hour walk around Oslo to work off the previous evening and reminis. We had traditional Xmas pinnekjoett a little early just for us at Napat & Tommy's that evening. It is a delicious smoked and salted lamb that is steamed over birch "sticks" and served with turnip and potatos. Pinnekjott .

Monday we stayed in because of not so great weather and booked a little side trip to Spain to go sky diving. In the evening we visited Linn Trude & David along with Heidi & Trond and had a lovely Salmon dinner. Joachim says it is the best salmon he can remember... but still prefers Pinot Grigio to Chardonnay! 😊 Really great to see everybody.

Tuesday Nina left for Askim to hang out with her sister's family and go exercising (guilty feelings after so much food). Joachim hung out with Tommy and Napat (and Martin). Joachim loves Thai red curry!! Wednesday was just relaxing.

Thursday we were out again with Nina's cousin Eva at Delicatessen in Grueneloekka for great tapas and then saundered north on the strip to Bar Boka with Veronica who also joined in. It is a small place with retro decor and relaxed atmosphere. After a few, you forget the general high cost of alcohol in Norway. Caveat emptor!

On Friday evening we first went to Marta and Oyvinds for a snack and a bottle of red while playing some "Name that tune" on the Playstation. Joachim was robbed after leading each of the first 6 rounds!!! Next was the get together night at "Tranen" for another Xmas type dinner (Rib meat, sausage, cabbage, potatos and brown sauce). In addition to many we just recently shared a few with Matti, Are, Thomas & Haakon also joined in to hear the Norwegian country stylings of Arnie "Skiffle" Joe . After trying to offer a few crowns to his wife unsuccessfully, we made our way to "Naboen's" and closed the night with many hard rounds. Although Joachim may be found balancing beer glasses on his head, it is not often that he is dancing! Oh what a night! Thanks everyone!! We had a fantastic time!

Saturday was mostly sleeping and then recovering in good company at Heidi and Trond's for another great dinner. We don't know what the marinade was for that meat, but it was good... not to mention the Rioja!

Sunday was still for recovering from Friday, but we managed to make it out to Kathrine and Ronald (Toerrfesk) and one week old NOAH in good shape. Congratulations again!! Later that evening we had a special Thai pork dish from Napat before leaving for Askim. Yummy! Big, huge special thanks to Napat & Tommy for letting us once more crash at their place for our whole stay.

We stayed in Askim until Tuesday evening with Trine, Ibrahim, Benjamin (Banjo) and Dina. It was great to go for long walks, relax and play with the kids. Dina is amazingly like Nina and very strong willed; Banjo needs to keep up his guitar lessons!

Tuesday night we were back in Horten at Nina's father for a pit stop and traditional salt meat and veggie soup... to gather strength before leaving for Madrid on Wednesday!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st February 2007

yum
im a aussie who has just married into a weggie family just had my first christmas with pinnekjott not bad i must say meat on stick is good for you

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb