Norway Again


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
July 31st 2023
Published: July 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Out of our hotel with some sad feelings. Very nice hotel, staff were excellent and location was great.

In a cheap taxi organized by the hotel to the airport. Arrive in plenty of time, send big bag first. Accepted - after a re-pack in the room to get under the weight limit. 2nd bag no probs.

In through security. This is the first time my backpack has got through without being searched. However, Chris’s bag got stopped. Any fruit. Hmm, nope. Can I search. Of course. Then he comes up with 2 fit balls - very hard for rolling your feet. Could well be mistaken for apples. Giggles all round and a thanks and move on.

Get to our gate and sit for half an hour. Finally called and go through the gate only to be stopped and a tag applied to the backpack. Please place under the seat. Even though we had 3 carry on bags….. Better option than having to pay excess baggage.

Full plane but because we were on early we got our bags up and no dramas. Swapped the tag from the backpack to one of the softer bags to go under the seat. What they don’t know won’t kill them.

Into Oslo and to the carousel. Bags show in air tags as one here and one 760km away. Bugger. Finally they show as being together but not out after at least 20 mins. Getting a bit worried but lots of people from our flight still waiting. Finally they appear. 1 hour after we landed we are out of the airport.

Into a taxi to our hotel. There are times in taxis where you wish that you were driving. Today was one of those days. All over the place. Trying to side swipe trucks, on the power, off the power, on the power, off….. get the gist. Very happy to finally get to the hotel.

Bags in and our room is quite good, basic but good. We look out over a large square and up one of the main tourist streets - no cars, so very busy but a good sight.

Hop on hop off done around town. Interesting place. Back to the hotel for a drink then find somewhere to eat. Pasta tonight. Very palatable and in for an early night to catch up on time differences and holiday lag.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.752s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb