Day 15 - Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
August 11th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got up and felt like rubbish; it may have been the booze, it may have been the space cake it may have been just a lack of sleep as we'd got back at about 3:30am and we had to be up and ready and breakfasted by 8:15am as we were being shuttled in to town to get dropped off early so we could beat the queue to see Anne Frank's house. Her real house. Its been turned into a museum now, and its very well layed out. You actually get to go though the house and room by room find out bots and pieces of the story and it has photos etc all the way through.
After the museum we made our way on a tram down to the Heiniken Brewery. Though I dont drink beer it still was interesting. It went thought all the stages of brewing and even had a 3D simulator where you are put in place of a bottle; like living the life of a bottle of Heiniken beer.
After the bewery we head up behind the Reiksmuseum and found the huge 'I AMSTERDAM' sign. Its very cool and because of this it was very difficult to get photos without 10 other people jumping in your shot.
When we'd had enough here we found a little pub thing to have some lunch at then made our way back to rthe srop off point to get picked up by the coach. We were supposed to be doing a bike ride aroubd one of the little country towns but it had been raining all day so that was cancelled. Instead Dekkick and Leona took us on the bus thought the village and we stopped at one of the big windmills to get a photo. After we headed back toward the hotel as we were headed for the cheese and clog making place right opposite the hotel.
Here we were given a rundown of making cheese eg. how long it takes to process and mature etc. and then we were taken in to see how a paid of wooden clogs is made. I didn't see a need for them personally so I left them on the shelf, there was a few that bought them though. After some cheese tasting we were taken back to the hotel where we had an hour or so to get ready to head back in to the city for some dinner.
Tonight we were having Asian food aboad the floating hotel which is pretty much a copy of the one in Hong Kong. The food was nice and it was refreshing to have something completly different for dinner.
After dinner we had a cruise down the canals in Amsterdam. It was an open bar cruise and it gave the group a bit more of a chance to mingle and get to know each other. It was a nice way to see the city and the MC guy was great, pointing things out along the way and making jokes.

While we'd been in the city earlier a few of the others had bought joints at a Coffee Shop as well as some space cakes. After the drama of getting back to the hotel in a cab last night we decided to head back to the hotel on the coach and hit the bar there.
I had my space cake and the others had their joints. When in Amsterdam.... I had 3 puffs and wanted to cough my guts up each time as I already have the Contiki cough from the previous tour. That was enough for me. After that it was time for bed. The others stayed up longer but i was starting to get paranoid so decided just to sleep it off. Never before and never again, definately not my thing but again.. When in Amsterdam.


Advertisement



15th August 2011

Comment wouldn't work on last blog.
Can't believe u texted me from there, must say that was pretty cool. U r right about some of the girls in the windows, when I went there some of them could have quite easily been very well paid models they looked that hot. I actually said..... nevermind! This is comment for this blog: Soft arse, we should have practised before u left...lol I am proud of u though for giving it a go. Nice one mate. We'll practise more befor your next trip. Oh yeah loved the Heineken brewery tour, when I went there with by bessie mate, we drank more than anyone else on the tour so 2 of the guys who work there were so impressed, they took their Heinekin bow ties off and gave it to us. Still have the proof somewhere at home. Take care and enjoy mate.
15th August 2011

lol DRUGGIE!!! haha. It's so weird what's legal in some countries is banned and a criminal offence in others. Random. And don't tell me that finally, after all these Contiki's, MM has finally caught the elusive 'Contiki Cough'?! lol

Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb