Day 16 - Amsterdam to Rhine Valley


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 12th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had to be up and ready by 8:15am for our drive from Amsterdam to Rhine Valley, Germany.
I slept most of the drive, thank goodness for the window and my travel pillow. We stopped at one place just after we crossed the border into Germany. After that we kept driving through until we reached St Goar. Here we had a little free time before we had a quick talk to at one of the shops about beer steins and how they are made etc.
Then we had some more free time before we had to board another cruise to head down the Rhine River. It was a nice relaxing way to spend an hour of the afternoon after such a crazy couple of days. The scenery was beautiful.
After the cruise we headed to out hotel in the tiny little town of St Goar. We had showers and also had an included dinner at the hotel. After that we walked for about 5minutes to get to our wine tasting session. We got to try 5 local wines in the area. The best of them was one that it called German Ice Wine. It was super sweet, almost like an icecream topping, Delish.
After our wine tasting there wasn't much to do in a small town so we hit their local pub and made the locals night. How could a group of 51 mid twenty year olds not bring the party to a small town?! That's Contiki for ya!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb