Finding The Netherlands


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
July 11th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This trip got off to a good start, as we were checking in a T mobile flash mob advert started to be filmed in the airport. Also thanks to Ally's dad we got fast tracked through security. After a quick flight we landed, our first task was to get to the centre of Amsterdam. Getting lost seems to be a main theme for us at the moment but we always get there in the end. We also realised just how heavy backbacks are, so operation use up as much stuff as possible to make it weigh less has begun!
We got to our hostel, it's in a really nice posh area. Though our room consists of a bunk bed and a desk there isn't enough room to swing a cat! But we are on the top floor so have a good view.
On Sunday we went to Anne Frank's house, it was good to see the space in which she hid. Then we walked to the red light district, it was...interesting. Ally thought the women in the windows were plastic models. We sat in the park and caught the last sun rays in the evening.
Today we got the tram to the central staion and hired bikes at first we went for the cheap option of bikes without brakes, then after Ally fell off and I ruined my shoes trying to stop, we went back and got bikes with brakes. Then we got the free ferry to North Amsterdam. Tonight we are going to sit in the park again. Amsterdam is a lovely city I really want to come back. Tomorrow we are going to Cologne, Germany.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb