kind strangers and the ferry to england


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Rotterdam
June 24th 2010
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

when we last left our intrepid adventurers...rocky and bullwinkle were stuck in amsterdam, down on cash and not much looking up.....

after returning from the library where we enjoyed free internet, we rode our bikes back to the camping palce..cooked a nice dinner of spaghetti carbonara and yeast rolls. afterwards we went to the camping place's bar to watch the soccor game...where we sat directly behind this nice older couple who just happend to be from las vegas!!

they told us they heard us talking the other day when we were watching the game..but we were gone by the time they tried to go over and talk to us...so anyway.......they just sold theyre bikes..as they will be going to england next...and will be returning theyre rented camper the next day..do we want to hitch a ride to the ferry to england from them?? no charge......UH..YEAH!!!!

so sweet deal we were able to put our bikes on theyr now non used bike racks.....and get a free ride to the ferry..... once there..we were able to get train tickets to london as well...and it was all just as the good couple said..the cheapest passage...so were sitting in this massive..small city sized ferry..on the lounge deck...enjoying comfy seats....tv's with the news scrolling by....free wifi!!!!!! (woots)

and couches to crash on when everyone else has gone to their cabin..theres also abar..but we cant afford those prices of course..but we can go sit outside and watch the english channel go by....sweet....

also thank you so much to everyone who donated money to us..again we will pay you back as soon as we can....and we should be ok now (still gona have to borrow a bit from grizz's bro..hopefully he can help us)

but things looking up...the museums in london are free...and maybe we can get ahold of the nice couple we met in prague and stay afew days with them...have them take us to see bath and stonehenge and avebury and the tor's....

good karma pays off....and so thankful for friends...kind strangers...and genreal good people all over the world!!


looking forward to seeing london and bath adn then dublin....but seriosuly....we are so ready to get home..we miss our friends......our couch and bed..our roomate teddy and our cats......and im anxious to get to pennsic so we can hang out with our friends .....and for simple day..and the wedding...this was all way to much to do all together...but the way i figure it..its all out of the way and done with and theres no way in hell we can ever try a trip this long ever again..i mean..a hotel and 1 week sure....were jsut too old for this sorta stuff anymore.....which is good we did it now...cuz any later and it woulda killed us....well probably me at least......i now have another cold as we were riding our bikes in amsterdam in a nice cool breeze...sheech youd think i could handle a little more.....

lets see...bronchitis......some wierd rash on my ankels in munich and salzberg......bedbugs in holand and now another cold.....geeze..i just want to be home with our bed..our friends and it be simple day

yoda was right..theres a reason why jedi dont crave adventure......

and the hobbits were spot on about going too far from home.....pennsic is far enough for me for a while...

miss you all....trying to get souveniers for everyone..it wont be much but your in our hearts and we cant wait to share a drink with you all soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb