Skiing & Pancakes


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Leiden
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Pancake HousePancake HousePancake House

Kristie, Me and Megan inside the Pancake House restaurant
What a mixed day! It is still a heatwave here in Holland - one of the flattest countries in the world, yet we went snow skiing today.

We started the day with a trip to the pancake house, which serves up some delicious pancakes with all kinds of ingredients imaginable. I had a bacon and apple pancake, others had italian pizza pancakes, banana and apple, cheese and mushroom, and all sorts of other niceties.

It is a rare treat, but when you are in the flattest country in the world, and it is 32 degrees, the last thing you would expect your host to suggest is to go snow skiing. However, there is an indoor snow park near where we are staying. My uncle has been there for staff development days, and my auntie had lessons there before going skiing in the French alps earlier in the year.

It has 3 ski runs and a terrain park for the experts. We spent about an hour skiing, and it was very weird to come back out into the heat after being in a giant freezer for an hour!

Tonight we went into Amsterdam to a show - Boom
Pancake HousePancake HousePancake House

The restaurant
Chicago. It is an improv comedy show, and was very funny. I recommend it to anyone wanting to see a funny show while sinking a few drinks in Amsterdam. Afterwards we wandered through the city for a while, and then sat out on the terrace with a few more drinks just watching the city go by. People-watching in Amsterdam is quite hilarious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SkiingSkiing
Skiing

Megan, Me and Kristie lined up at the bottom of the beginners slope at the indoor ski park.
SkiingSkiing
Skiing

Me coming off the bottom of the steeper slope.


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb