Arrival In London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 24th 2006
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

An early flight out of Amsterdam saw me arrive in London at about 7:30am. I am staying with my friend Sarah in London, who lives in Ladbroke Grove. The tube network doesn't believe in air-conditioning, so as it is well over 30 degrees, it was stinking hot in the train.

Sarah shares a small apartment with another Aussie friend Stacey, nice and close to the main shops, tube station and pubs in Ladbroke Grove.

After a quick snooze to catch up on some sleep (Sarah worked nightshift at the hospital the previous night and I was up at 4:30am to catch the flight), we went for a wander through the local markets, got some lunch and a few drinks to have back in the apartment while catching up.

About 8pm we headed down to the local pub, and met up with Stacey after about an hour. Sitting outside on the terrace enjoying a beer was wonderful, except for the constant screaming of police and ambulance sirens roaring up and down the main street in front of us.

A local chinese restaurant provided a nice quick and cheap meal on the way home.

Tomorrow I am planning on exploring the city on foot, and maybe taking the big bus tour to some of the other sights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb