Tour of Schiphol Airport


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 21st 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tony and Anne both work at different divisions of KLM, so we got a tour of the aiport. Tony works in the cargo section, as the technical supervisor, so we got shown through the freight handling terminal. One of the interesting sections to the cargo section is the live animals. They send lots of dogs, cats, chickens, as well as more obscure animals like elephants and sharks!

Anne works in purchasing, so we got the tour of her offices followed by a few whit beers in the sports bar across the road.

We had a beer tasting night at home, trying lots of different Belgian and German beers, including cherry beer, fruity pink beer (aimed at teenage girls), Duvel (Devil) beer - which is 9% alcohol, as well as more Heineken and whit beer.

After beer tasting, we moved on to Noordvijk, the restaurant, bar and nightclub suburb on the beach. The first bar , the Bob, was the Bourbon Street of Noordvijk, lots of just-turned-16 year olds (the age for drinking in Holland), cheesy techno, podiums and cages to dance in.

The second club was the Seahorse, and one I remember from the last time I was here. Both were ridiculously hot, as there is no air-conditioning in the clubs due to the lack of any hot weather for most of the year.

Tomorrow we are headed to the Pancake house for lunch, followed by indoor skiing, and heading out into Amsterdam for our final night out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Partying in NoordvijkPartying in Noordvijk
Partying in Noordvijk

Our party group - Kristie, Mika, Megan, Susanne, Stephen
Partying in NoordvijkPartying in Noordvijk
Partying in Noordvijk

Our party group - Mika, Kristie, Susanne


23rd July 2006

devil beer
sounds like something that would go well at the glasshouse...

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb