Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor
May 21st 2017
Published: May 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived in Corfu, Greece where the weather has not been the most pleasant. It has been cloudy and rainy all day making it nice weather to relax after our active day yesterday in Kotor, Montenegro. Kotor was unexpectedly the most picturesque stop on our cruise thus far. We were absolutely blown away by the scenery in the area. We got up early to watch the arrival into port as it was a narrow passageway with beautiful mountains surrounding us. As we were pulling in I said to Scott “maybe we can find a nice hike somewhere nearby today”, well ask and you shall receive! As we pulled in we could see people hiking a trail on the mountain side behind the city to a fortress. We took the tender into town and hiked up the 1,300 stairs to the fortress and then took the switchbacks down the back side. It was a crowded hike going up, however coming down the back was more scenic and peaceful. Along the way, we stopped at an old abandoned church and met an old man walking his pack donkey up the hill to his home. Of course, I made him stop so I could pet the adorable little donkey and he chatted us up about the area. We then enjoyed a fresh fish lunch in town before boarding the ship for an early departure through the same beautiful bay again. The rest of our trip will be stops in multiple Greek islands so we are hoping the weather will make an upward turn!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb