Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
May 19th 2017
Published: May 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We have conquered our second country on the cruise, Croatia! I think both of us would agree that it was better than expected. The water here is a very distinct color of blue that neither of us have seen before. The first stop in Hvar was a small and relaxing island where we did a sailing tour off the boat. The weather was perfect, however with no wind, not ideal for sailing. After motoring around into a small cove, we went swimming and attempted to snorkel however there was not much to look at underwater. Our tour guide then took us to a family owned restaurant where we had some fresh salad and bruschetta that was delicious! We both even went outside the box and tried sardines on our Greek salad! Hvar is known for growing lavender plants, so once we returned to the town square there were a variety of vendors selling different lavender items. We departed from Hvar around 6pm and headed for Dubrovnik, where we spent our second day. We did a kayak tour of the city walls which was a very interesting way to tour the city! The streets were very crowded so we were glad we had opted for the kayak tour! If any of you are familiar with the show Game of Thrones, you may know that Dubrovnik is the city where the filming for the show is done. This is one of Scott’s favorite shows, so he really enjoyed seeing the city in person! Our tour guide was an extra in the show playing one of the peasants, so he could show Scott where a lot of the scenes were filmed. We also went to the Game of Thrones museum where the throne is located. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing some water sports off the back of the cruise ship. The boat departs tonight around 10pm for our next stop; Kotor, Montenegro! Sorry for the delay in the posts, however we do not have WiFi on the ship which makes it difficult to post!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb