Quick Detour to Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Kotor
June 19th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Montenegro


Today we caught a bus to our next stop Montenegro, we were not originally going to come here but have heard such good reports we wanted to see for ourselves.

We caught a bus to the town of Kotor. Montenegro is a relatively new country as it used to belong to Serbia. It is just as beautiful as Croatia, in some places even more. The coast line changed slightly to mountains diving straight into the turquoise blue waters of the Adriatic. Kotor is an amazing bay and like many towns along this coast line has a typical old city wall and an amazing fort high up behind the town. We were staying in another apartment €40 a night plus the added extra of G getting bitten a little bit more, this time by bedbugs (although we are starting to think the previous ones were beg bugs too). Upon our return to our apartment we noticed that it sounded like we were in a club but after having to pluck up the courage to walk past a dog in our crack den style stairway to get to our apartment (Lou/Bex where were you when we needed you!!!!), we decided to stay put and just go to sleep with our fingers in our ears!

To Tony’s delight we found somewhere that did BACON for breakfast and spent a few hours pottering around before our bus to Bosnia.

We would have loved to have spent more time here, especially going down to the coast and the boarder of Albania but we were behind schedule so had to press on. We highly recommend Montenegro it really is such a wonderful country such a shame we only had one day here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb