Day 2. Montenegro, Prcanj


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Kotor
June 7th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturated Souls



After a good night sleep we wake up to what is reminiscent of the weather in old blighty. Cloudy and overcast, but we have breakfast and put our lives in the hands of the gods and drive to Kotor.

We had been in Kotor for no more than an hour when we were enticed into the Citadella roof top restaurant for pizza' due to the yummy smell coming from there. The Citadella Hotel has a great roof top restaurant that is well worth a visit if only for the views. But a cool beer and pizza makes the venture all the more pleasurable. Not that a cool beer is needed, more like a hot chocolate.
After our lunch we decided to head for them hills' and tackle the fortress wall. On the way to the base of the mountain we had to wind our way through a maze of alleys and roads. (no cars allowed. ) the area we thought was very Venetian and later we discovered the areas around Kotor bay were once occupied by the Venetian, very much like the town of Piran we stayed at several years ago.

Two Euro to walk up the wall. We had only be walking up for about fifteen minutes when the heavens opened upon us and drenched us in minutes so the emergency plan was to head back down for an expreso and a cup of tea. And wait for the rain to pass. Several hours and a few double expresos later we take the chance and head back to the car and decide to call it a day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb