With aroma in the air


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
October 2nd 2006
Published: October 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

There is a feeling in the air when you arrive at the Monaco, Monte Carlo Train station. You walk down the marble hallways and sun hits you in the face as you walk onto the street. The air carries a certain aroma, it has the smell of money. Everywhere you look there are Ferrari's driving the streets, luxury yachts filling the harbour and a lot of high numbers on menus. Only a stones throw from Nice (which is isn't exactly a run down city itself) Monaco is, as they say, a playground for the rich and famous.

The first thing we did was go to the Monte Carlo Casino. After our €10 entry fee, we stand at the doorway to the plush gaming room. No photos are allowed in there of course but we did play some of the slot machines with the old crank handles. I did contemplate putting some money on the blackjack but at €25 minimum bet, I decided against. This is a place for high rollers and I wasn't about to try to keep up. You can get a feel for that just by standing out the front. Ferrari after Ferrari rolls up and the older man struts out looking around to see who is looking at them. You can tell they love the attention and everyone taking photos of their car. It's a pathetic display of pretentious dick waving but is rather amusing.

A playground for the rich and famous, maybe, but for the commoner, I couldn't see a lot to do. We walked the Formula 1 track and perused the startling display of yachts in the harbour. A rare sight (for anywhere else) was an Enzo Ferrari. The most elusive of all Ferrari's, the Enzo is the epitome of all that should be a sports car. A speedo that reaches 400km/h and basically Formula 1 with a cars body. Aaron was so impressed that he bought a Ferrari shirt.

So thats about where my trip finished. I've jumped a plane and headed home unexpectedly. I will be home 'til about mid November so no blogs for a while. Anyone wanting to contact me can either email me or get me on my Australian Mobile number.

Europe has been a blast and I can't wait to go back. Until next time PEACE CAMO


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Says it allSays it all
Says it all

The Enzo Ferrari infront of Monte Carlo Casino
The misty hillsThe misty hills
The misty hills

Those hills always seem to have mist on them


16th September 2010
Monaco Harbour

real beauty
6th March 2011
The misty hills

ILove monaco

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb