August 7 2015 Gostivar to Lake Mavrova


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia
August 7th 2015
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Looked like a short day! How wrong could we be. Certainly a tough day with about six hours of climbing including regular breaks on a very rocky road. See photo. Only saw one person and one small animal which sprinted past me going up the hill. See photo. Beautiful countryside.
The day started with a laugh at Gus' expense whilst having breakfast at a local blues cafe. A large flying creature was attempting to land on him and generally creating a nuisance. "I'll give this bugger a head ache" he said whilst striking out using his ninja like skills. He copped the bug square between the eyes and it nose dived into his cereal. Lol. It nearly drown before the headache set in.
We then set off and after some initial problems with the gps we were on our way. However, the sealed road ran out real quick and was replaced by rocks, gravel and pain for the next five hours. Some funny moments which I caught on video of Gus' mountain biking skills. We eventually reached Mavrovo which was good as it had started to rain. Gus and I inhaled a meal at a local cafe, who's owner who recommended a hotel for us to stay at. It was another seven long kilometres to the hotel and I was glad to lay on the bed whilst the water heated up for a shower. Not a big sightseeing day but certainly memorable.


Where I stayed




Hotel Srna - , Mavrovo, Republic of Macedonia


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb