Last day in Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
April 2nd 2011
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8966, 12.477

We got up at 8, slowly had breakfast and visited with mom and dad, woke the boys at 9, they are very slow movers in the morning! Went up to Jacobo's apt (our apt owner) as he kindly allowed me to use his computer to check in for our flights and to print our boarding passes. The website was very slow, USAirways would not allow me to check in, it kept asking for a state to be filled in but there was no spot to put it in!!!!! I did email them so there would be a record of me trying to check in. Anyway, Jacobo allowed me to keep trying but it was not going to work so I left. Jim, the boys and I went across our "street" and bought 2 espresso's and 2 calda cicolatto and cornets for 4, all for 7,50 euros, we thought this was a great deal, this is where the locals eat...

We finally got out of the apt at about 12, found an internet point, tried again to check in, still not working! Went to St. Ignatius to see the faux dome as the boys hadn't seen it yet. A Beautiful mural of the continents (represented by people) on the ceiling. Went back to apt and had a big lunch of gnocchi, very good!

After lunch we caught a bus to St. Peter's, Jim bought a t-shirt from a street vendor, we looked at the line to climb to the top of the dome and Zach and Joe decided against it, the line was to the end of the colonnade! went back to a store that had a beautiful red patent leather purse for 100 euro, decided I could live without it... walked up to the Ottaviano Metro Stop, rode to Termini, we then walked to S. Maria Maggiore to see the mosaics, very beautiful, gold all over, started the building in 432, part of Vatican City. A bishop was presiding over some sort of service inside, they clapped at the end...?

Walked down to S. Pietro in Vincoli to see Michelangelo's' Moses and Peters' chains. Back on the metro on Cavour to Termini then changed to the A line and got off at the Barberini stop to walk from Trevi to Pantheon to Navona then to Il Fico or Antica Taverna for dinner. We tried the latter, I had the spaghetti with cacae pepe, Joe had prosciutto pizza, Jim had chicken with potatoes, and Zach had goulash! Everyone was happy with their choices, I had a side salad and we had 2 bottles of water, it all came to 41,50 euros for those wanting to know prices.

Walked back to the Pantheon, listened to an opera singer in the Piazza (love this sort of thing!), Jim and the boys went for a few groceries for the morning, we got our last gelato then back to the apt to pack. (got in about 9:15 or 9:30)

Packed, got on the computer, went to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb