Last day in Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 26th 2013
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.3522, 9.2308

Today was our last day in the Cinque Terre. Tomorrow we start making our way to Milan to fly home on Tuesday.

Yesterday it was raining in the morning so we had a lazy start to the day. Every morning we eat breakfast at our huge buffet downstairs with our cute waiter who caters to our every need. He was so upset our first day because he didn't have any diet coke for Dee. Every day after, he brings it as soon as we sit down.

Mary has been popping over in the morning (she is at the hotel across the street) to visit. Mary and Paul dumped us after our first day together in Italy. Of course, first day they dumped us they took the wrong train. I'll let her tell you about that.

After our lazy morning yesterday, the rain stopped and we went shopping and walking and eating.We must have stopped at 10 pastry shops. Today was a nice sunny day and we toured the rest of the small towns, walked a lot and did a little biking on some really crappy bikes. Even so, it was nice to tool around on a bike for a while. The town of Levanto is very flat and there were bikes everywhere.

Great lunch today at one of Rick's recommendations. The pasta here is so good. We have also discovered that this is the home of focaccia. At home, i don't think it is anything special, but here it is amazing. We have discovered Focaccia de fromage, which s super thin foccacia, as thin as a tortilla, stuffed with some kind of yummy cheese, grilled and served warm. It is warm yummy cheesy goodness. Even my picky sisters would love this. We weren't hungry enough for dinner last night (too much gelato and pastries) so we went out for a walk, stopped for a drink at a little bar and Dee found this dish. We went back tonight since we had such a big lunch. They also have a very nice waitress who made us feel comfortable.

Dee had her usual four or five gelato today. We have tried every one of Rick's recommended gelato places plus some.

By the way family: I have mastered the use of the scary stand up bathroom. They are everywhere.

The only upsetting thing today: our hotel turned of the ice machine for some reason. Eeeck. No ice with our soda when we got back to our hotel.

We have tomorrow morning to putter around Rapallo, and then catch our train to Milan at 1:30. We'll be travelling most of the afternoon to get to our b&B in Milan. Be home soon. Ready for my QT.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th May 2013

It was a really fun day! I wish it could have lasted longer!
26th May 2013

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!
26th May 2013

The more steps-the more you cna eat later...
26th May 2013

That looks really good.
26th May 2013

Great picture. Is it so chilly that you're wearing scarves all the time???
26th May 2013

I think I'd rather ride the bikes than climb all those steps. Beautiful scenery.
26th May 2013

I agree with Marilyn. That looks level so it would be less work.
26th May 2013

Kinda makes you appreciate your bikes at home eh?

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb