Cruise - Italy, Savona, Genova, At sea


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
December 4th 2015
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wed 2nd



SAVONA (Happy Birthday Frog)



Yet another tour today…this time to Genoa. A large Italian port city. This tour was good, but unfortunately we had a French group with us as well so the poor tour guide had to say everything twice. Once in English and then again in French. So, the tour took twice as long with each group having to wait for the commentary in the other language. It was ‘ancient Genoa’ tour so we were taken to many old buildings, a stunning cathedral with amazing marble work and Christopher Columbus’ house where he grew up. Had some free time in the city before catching the bus back to the ship. Had a later departure today, so spent some time in Savona in a café with free wifi posting photos and sending emails.







Thurs 3rd & Fri 4th



AT SEA (Happy Birthday Nick)



Joined the spa group. This you have to pay for, but then you get access to steam rooms, spa, sauna, tea room and relaxation areas, also a private outside area for ‘sunbaking’ (too cold for that just now). This area is also child free and restricted to the number of people in at once. Also, as opposed to the free sauna area, all people are fully clothed.



The shows on board have been ok, quite good, but not fantastic as they have been on other cruises we’ve been on. The food has been amazing though. Most mornings we get room service sent up – free. This consists of cereal, yoghurt, coffee and a pastry if we want. At sea, we went up to the buffet for breakfast, eggs cooked to order and a wide range of pastries, fruit, yoghurt, so much. The first morning we had a sit down breakfast in the restaurant, but Phil’s eggs were sooo hard it was ridiculous and cold. Buffet was so much better. For lunch we usually go to the buffet area and usually just have fish (cooked so many different ways) and salad, although for some reason, a bit of pasta just jumps on to my plate!!! Dinner is a sit down meal in the restaurant and you make a selection from usually three or four options from about 5 courses. Fortunately they are small servings so although you are full by the end..you are not stuffed!! So another day at sea today, then Casablanca tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb