The Roman Tour


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 16th 2015
Published: October 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The alarm went off just in time to ready oneself for the delivery of the breakfast tray to the room.

It all sounds a bit ridiculous but I assure you although not quite so picturesque as that, it was true, although prepackaged jam, butter and yogurt is not quite what is conjured in your mind.

We set off on the metro for a journey to Saint John Lateran next to the walls of Rome, a vast five aisled basilica, well worth a visit (see pictures).

Then we walked the 30 minutes to see Santa Marie Maggiore (see pictures). This was a bit of a pilgrimage as this amazing building owes its restoration to a man who was born and brought up in Bridgend.

We the wondered towards the Pantheon (see pictures) to find a place for lunch and ended up in a small place just off the square, where time seems to be a luxury to be waisted as we waited for our small two course and bottle of water ;-)

We decided to move on coffee and walked through Pizza Norvona (see picture) and ended up in Campo de Fiori where we sat and had
Saint John Lateran Saint John Lateran Saint John Lateran

I think David-Lloyd is planning a re-build ?
coffee before starting to shop.

A few gifts were bought in a few select shops and then we made our way back to the hotel for a nap.

Once refreshed we decided to head out to seek the night life and indeed we found it! But decided to walk by and settle for a rather nice bottle of wine and a few shard starters in a nice restaurant just off piazza de popolo before heading back at about midnight.

Tomorrow (Saturday) we wake to get ready for our transfer (by Mercedes as David-Lloyd won't travel any other way) to the ship ready to set sail.

Tomorrow is a whole new world..... Night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



17th October 2015

Iatly, the -perfect place for leisure
Italy is the perfect place to spend holidays, full of leisure and suitable environment. I really enjoyed this post and I really like to read travel blogs. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb