Amalfi Coast and Pompeii


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 5th 2015
Published: June 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

As we pulled into Naples our room overlooked an old castle. Can’t wait to play with that image in photoshop. Frank was our tour guide for the day and he drove us (Kim/Michael, Steven/Andrea, Mai/Peter and us) to Positano along the Amalfi Coast. On the way there Frank slowed down in front of his house and honked until his wife and children came to the door. So cute! And I saw my first cat of the whole trip. Positano is set on a cliff. Kyle and I walked all the way to the bottom so that he could get some sand. Positano is very expensive. Frank told us of a house that sold for 50 million and the plumbing didn’t even work. Next we drove to Sorrento and Frank took us to a shop that he used to own. Sorrento is bigger than Positano. We didn’t get to explore Sorrento but had a nice lunch in a cute restaurant. Today was Republic day in Italy, a national holiday. So Frank took us to Positano and Sorrento before Pompeii. Good things because 25 people missed the ship because of traffic they couldn’t get back to the ship in time. They had to take an overnight ferry to catch up with us In Sicily. Our group was feeling nervous about missing the ship so Pompeii felt rushed. We had a tour guide walk us through the site and it was incredible but we weren’t able to enjoy it as we should have. Pompeii is immense and worth going back to again. Steps today 14,367!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th June 2015

Almafi Coast and Pompeii
I've always wanted to go the Almalfi Coast. It's so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your trip Ruth-E. It's been grand. Will look forward to the pictures to upon your return.

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb