HDI Comparisons


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The countries I will be comparing will be Italy and the United States. The life expectancy at birth for Italy is 82 years old. That is actually very high which means that they have advanced medicineshe good doctors, and good health conditions because they get to live that long. The United State's life expectancy at birth is 78.7 years which is also high but not as high as Italy. Italy's health index also beats the United States by 0.051. This does not mean that Italy is more of a developed country though because it is just one comparison. The second comparison ill make is education of children in years. The United States estimates that children that are citizens will go to school for 16.8 years. Italy estimates that their children will go to school for 16.2 years. As you can see, the numbers are not really too far off, but the United States still beats Italy in education by 0.142 when comparing the education index. The third comparison ill make is the income index between the two countries. The income index for the United States is 0.897 while Italy's income index is 0.822. The United States beats Italy once again in this comparison by 0.075. This shows that out of the three comparisons, the United States seems to be the more developed country; however, Italy was never too far away from the United States in the comparisons. Italy is not as developed as the United States is, but based on statistics, Italy is a more developed country than other countries.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb