Italy's Culture


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 25th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: what types of architecture con be found in Italy? and what influence Italy architecture?

Theme: culture

Sites: http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/arth/arth200/politics/roman_architecture.html,http://library.thinkquest.org/26907/archi.htm,http://www.jrank.org/history/pages/8352/Looking-At-ITALY.html,http://autocww.colorado.edu/~toldy3/E64ContentFiles/PeriodsAndStyles/Gothic.html

Italy is one of the most advanced countries in the world. However, its architecture is ancient. In fact, some of the famous sites today are reminder of the Roman Empire. The Romans architecture was vital to the Romans success. Italy’s architecture was also influenced by the Gothic period. The Gothic period was during the medieval times and spread through Europe. During the Gothic period, the types of architecture was a great part religious. For example, the Vatican is Gothic. In addition to the Gothic period, the Renaissance period also effected the types of architecture there is today.

In Italy you can find places like the basilica in Vatican city which is a romn catholic sity for religious pourposes, leaning tower of Pisa which began to lean before it was finished in 1350, and Florence cathedral view. There is Trevi fountain or viargin waters which was built in teh roman times. the sculpture was made by nicola salvi who took 23 years to finish every exsact and detaild detail. the most interestiong part of teh fountainis that set in the middle is the statue of Oceanus, who is the god of all waters, and the tritons guiding his shell chariot. This fountain was used to bath for ceremoniel reasons. Other types of arquitecture are the colosseum , the pantheon, Monument to vittorio emanuele II, Castel Sant' Angelo, and Pisa’s and Cathedral Square.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb