When in Rome!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 3rd 2013
Published: May 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our flight arrived at FCO, Rome, Italy on time at 9:30 a.m. We cleared customs without a hitch. Picked up our luggage, then a quick stop for our first restroom experience in Italy. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined but certainly not at great as a US airport! Off we go to find how to exit. We finally find our way to the exit and our limo driver is waiting.

The limo driver is not happy to see that we have 4 bags and 2 small carry on bags, though this was communicated in our email with the company. We do get 3 bags in the trunk of his small Mercedes and one in the front with our 2 small carry on bags with us. Takes about an hour to get to our hotel. So then we aren't happy as we find out he will not take us to the Vatican as agreed too. That is okay and we work through this first bump in the trip road.

The Hotel De Petris at Via Rasella 142 is a very clean hotel with exceptionally helpful staff. They have a nice locked area for us to store our luggage until check in later in the day.

We start off armed with a map. Take a right out the hotel door and another alright down a very narrow road. It is a road as there are cafes along this road. We go about 2 blocks to a more main type street. Look around and find a nice café to have lunch. Caprese salad and a nice sandwich. We quickly learn to ask for water with "no gas"! We buy subway tickets and then off to the Vatican.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb