Renaissance


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
February 4th 2012
Published: February 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?

Castiglione's The Book of Courtierdefines the lifestyle during the Renaissance. Castiglione's description of an ideal man is wonderful because it describes the different things a man needs to know to be "ideal." I believe that men like that exist even today, but I also believe that no one is perfect in this world.

2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?


I think Castiglione thought men should live and act the way he described because social status was probably pretty important during the Renaissance period. Therefore, it is also important to live and act honorably.

3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.

I think it's better to lead through love because love makes a longer lasting impact than fear. If you lead by fear, you might have a lot of enemies. However, if you lead by love, you might have haters, but you will have more supporters than haters.

4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –

· How do you know this? What is your evidence? What was the effect of this leadership style?

FDR is an example of a wonderful wonder leader. He led America through the Great Depression and World War ll. He led through love because he created the New Deal thinking about how to create jobs for Americans. During the World War ll, he did not want America to get involved because it might harm our country until the Pearl Harbor attack. Throughout his terms, his major goal is to help American people and America through struggles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb